Perfect for EYFS & KS1
Help commemorate 50 years since the Moon Landings with this workshop that will help ignite imaginations. It is 1969 and mankind in planning to land and walk on the Moon. But – how can we get there, and how can our bodies survive the conditions in Space?
Your children become Space Cadets who:
- Discover the Space Race – which team will win?!
- Find out about the environment in Space – why no-one can hear you scream and why the sky is black in space.
- Try on a space suit.
- Go through tasks to help train you for travelling into Space.
- Discover how a space suit works and how ‘bodily functions’ are carried out in Space.
- Eat space food.
- Work as a team to make and launch their own rockets, powered by CO2.
- Make Robbins Medals commemorating the first Moon Landing.
- Meet Laika, the first Space Dog.
- Discover Sheffield’s own Astronaut, Helen Sharman.
- Learn some Russian space commands.
Schools booking for more than 1 class will be provided with teacher-led activities for use when they are not with Kathryn, so that all the children are involved throughout the day.
Prices: £190/£295 for half/full day plus £30 for each extra class plus travel expenses – please enquire to discuss exact costs – firstname.lastname@example.org
Free teaching resources from Usborne
Follow the link to find new resources from Usborne, free to use. If you’d like to see what else Usborne has available to help your school and encourage reading, then please get in touch with our sister business Your Book Corner on YourBookCorner@mail.com.
Moon Landings Classroom Topic Boxes
Topic specific books, chosen by you to be used in your classroom throughout your topic. Available to rent or to buy outright, please get in touch to discuss your classroom needs. All books are available to view and purchase here.