Discover what life was like for local Anglo Saxon Freemen and Slaves, prepare to record it in the Anglo Saxon Chronicles and get ready for the battle between Wessex and Northumbria which created a united England for the first time.
- Discover who lives where in Anglo-Saxon England, their leaders and their problems!
- Become scribes in a monastery and learn how to make ink and parchment, grinding oak galls and stretching skin.
- Use quills to write the Anglo-Saxon Chronicles in old English lettering and create illuminated letters to decorate your writing.
- Try out Anglo-Saxon farming techniques using old farm tools.
- Play Anglo Saxon games made from wood, stone and leather.
- Practice battle-drill and discover how Anglo-Saxons made war, then make your own battle axe to ‘use’ in the preliminaries of the Battle of Dore in AD 829.
- Find out about life after the Battle and how it changed with the coming of the Vikings.
Schools booking for more than 1 class will be provided with teacher-led activities for use when they are not with Kathryn, so that all the children are involved throughout the day.
Prices: £190/£295 for half/full day plus £30 for each extra class plus travel expenses – please enquire to discuss exact costs – firstname.lastname@example.org
Anglo-Saxon & Viking Classroom Topic Boxes
Topic specific books, chosen by you to be used in your classroom throughout your topic. Available to rent or to buy outright, please get in touch to discuss your classroom needs. All books are available to view and purchase here.