EYFS/KS1 Victorian option
A really fun day, full of facts and finding out. Through handling artefacts and hands-on activities look at how everyday jobs and playing got done before Electricity!
- Meet the local toy shop owner, Mrs Parkin, who needs you to help out in her home and shop.
- Help Mrs Parkin clean her house, but without electricity. They will use the wash tub, possers, flat irons, beaters, scrubbing brushes, besom brooms and use sand to wash the pots!
- Take the Victorian ‘wotsit’ test of household items.
- Make your own dolly peg toy to play with later on.
- Discover where poorer children found their toys and play traditional street games.
- Visit the toy shop with your Victorian penny and choose a toy to play with and discover how they work.
- Learn a school playground game.
Schools booking for more than 1 class will be provided with teacher-led activities for use when they are not with Kathryn, so that all the children are involved throughout the day.
Prices: £190/£295 for half/full day plus £30 for each extra class plus travel expenses – please enquire to discuss exact costs – email@example.com
Life Before Electricity Classroom Topic Boxes
Topic specific books, chosen by you to be used in your classroom throughout your topic. Available to rent or to buy outright, please get in touch to discuss your classroom needs. All books are available to view and purchase here.