KS1 / KS2
What is life like for medieval villages living with the constant threat of war and plague? Will you survive the Black Death? Will life ever get better? Or will you have to start a revolution?
A hands-on look at living conditions, medical understanding, fighting and farming methods, and demands on the poor people of your area in Medieval times.
Introducing children to Feudalism, the Hundred Years War, the Black Death and the Peasant’s Revolt.
- Your children meet the Lady of the Manor who tells them of their duty to both their Lord and their King, particularly in the dark days of the Hundred Years War against France, with the threat of the terrifying plague that is rampaging across Asia and Europe
- They prepare medicines and treatments to ward off illness and play games about death and disease
- They role play visiting the Wise Woman with her cures
- They prepare masks and herbs to ward off the Black Death
- They swear fealty to their lord of the manor and write their pledge using quill pens
- They debate their grievances
- They practice making weapons from everyday items for use when revolting!
- And then they Revolt!!
Schools booking for more than 1 class will be provided with teacher-led activities for use when they are not with Kathryn, so that all the children are involved throughout the day.
Prices: £190/£295 for half/full day plus £30 for each extra class plus travel expenses – please enquire to discuss exact costs – email@example.com
Medieval Life Classroom Topic Boxes
Topic specific books, chosen by you to be used in your classroom throughout your topic. Available to rent or to buy outright, please get in touch to discuss your classroom needs. All books are available to view and purchase here.